Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Hobbit......

I admit, I have a history of being a procrastinator, but I did not mean to wait so long to read Tolkien's The Hobbit.  I had planned on finishing it prior to the release of the movie, but I thought I had awhile.  Well I did not. 



So, with a gusto (yes, gusto is not really a cool word, but it is accurate), I began to read the book on my Nook and  I LOVED it. 

This is not the first time I have read The Hobbit, but I think I enjoyed it more this time around for sure.  And it was a fast read.  It was pretty non-stop.  I so loved returning to the world of hobbits, dwarves, elves, giant eagles, men who could turn into giant bears.....  Ah, Rivendell.....how I wish I could really go visit.

As I was reading this book I kept thinking, "How did they make 3 movies out of this??"  The book, my version, was only 239 pages, but as I went along I certainly saw how this could be done and am super excited to see all the action brought to life on the big screen.  Granted, I am a little bummed that the movies are so far apart with the second installment to be released December 2013 and the third July 2013, but I will deal :-).

Here's a little eye candy from the movie.....Okay, maybe Bilbo is not eye candy....LOL.

Poster of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

And look who is set to return to Middle Earth in the third installment.....


Technically, Legolas is not in the book, but thank you Peter Jackson and your talented writers for thinking there needed to be a little bridging between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings......

Happy 12.12.12.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking this in to Books You Loved, Michelle. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog....The movie looks good...sure is a lot of eye candy.

    I haven't read this book since high school. :)

    Your children are absolutely adorable.

    Stopping by from Carole's December Books I Loved. I am in that list as #4.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete